Monday, February 17, 2014

Day 48 Things that make me smile - Kid directed learning

When the subject you are interested in is what you are learning about you are motivated and interested in taking it to the next level.  Today had two instances with my nieces and nephew where this rang true.

Anna and Emma love arts and crafts.  Today with the help of their dad, they started their own blog.  They started by just posting pictures of crafts and also posted 2 how to videos.   As they work through the process of their blog, I will be excited to not only their projects, but also how they learn and refine their blogging process and video skills.

Jerome and I were chatting at one of Ben's games recently about his next computer.   At the time, I was sure he was leaning towards a laptop.  Today when I asked him about it, he said he is planning on building his own computer.  He thought it would be fun to learn how to do it.   From planning, to purchase, to designing, and putting it altogether, I am excited to follow his learning in this process.

My hope for all of my nieces and nephews is they are always learning and following their passions - today hearing and watching progress of three of them made me smile.

Jerome's initial research

Emma and Anna and some of their creations


No comments:

Post a Comment